Friday, February 8, 2008

Peanut Butter Chip Brownies

It was a brownie kind of day today. Work was hectic, I'm starting to feel more whacky and uncomfortable as the baby grows, and the only thing I thought could help was chocolate. This is a recipe from Hershey for chocolate brownies with peanut butter chips. I've actually never made brownies from scratch before, I've always made them from a box mix but these turned out really well. They're very rich so a little goes a long way.

PEANUT BUTTER CHIP BROWNIES


INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 sticks butter, melted
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (10 oz) bag peanut butter chips

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.

2. In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in peanut butter chips. Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan.

3. Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted into the center of batter comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting into squares.

8 comments:

test it comm said...

Peanut butter and chocolate flavoured brownies...mmm...

Celeste said...

I've tagged you! Check out my blog for details! =)

Sarah said...

These look so tasty! The oatmeal cookies look amazing, too.

Jaime said...

i'm surprised you had never made brownies from scratch before! i love PB and chocolate together! :)

MrsSchoon said...

Those look to die for!

Keren said...

Im so adding you to my "favorite blogs" on my page! www.seahawkfanforlife.blogspot.com those sound sooo good!!! :)

Danielle said...

These look wonderful!

I love reading your blog so much! I have tagged you in a meme.

bakingblonde said...

You made my day!

http://bakingblonde.blogspot.com/2008/03/you-made-my-day.html