Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chocolate Marshmallow Fluff Fondue

I recently started working the night shift at my job. It's a whole different animal when compared to working days - much more quiet, hardly anyone in the building, and the kookiest patients call us. One thing I miss is planning events with co-workers, we did that a LOT on day shift, so I decided to arrange a potluck at work. We had a dip party, and everyone brought their favorite dip. I made this chocolate marshmallow fluff fondue dip, because I've become aware that I'm seriously lacking in recipes involving marshmallow fluff. ;) This recipe is inspired by the gal who does the A Year of CrockPotting blog. I made some adjustments in the amounts of the ingredients and used half-and-half instead of whipping cream. It turned out really good, pretty sweet though, with just a hint of almond flavor.

CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW FLUFF FONDUE

INGREDIENTS:
1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow fluff
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon almond extract

DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine chocolate chips, marshmallow fluff, half-and-half and almond extract in a mini crockpot. Set on low and heat for one hour, stirring frequently until chocolate is melted and smooth. Keep warm and serve with assorted fruit, angel/pound cake, etc. with skewers for dipping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to work the night shift, so I can totally relate! That's great that you organized a potluck and this fondue looks delicious!