This recipe was adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe I found on Brianna's food blog Oishii. I didn't change much, just added vanilla and reduced the cooking time a tad - I like my snickerdoodles a tiny bit underbaked. These were wonderful, nicely sweet and a great soft, chewy texture. I'm calling these "Martha Stewart" snickerdoodles because Martha makes everything feel fancier. ;)
MARTHA STEWART'S SNICKERDOODLES
INGREDIENTS:
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
For coating:
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpat liners or parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a medium bowl beat butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating between additions. Beat in vanilla. Slowly beat in flour mixture until combined. In a small bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon for coating. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar coating. Place on cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
3. Bake until puffed and just lightly golden, about 11 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.

1 comment:
You're lucky I don't particularly care for snickerdoodles missy!!
Post a Comment