I made a batch of these to take up to my sister, who just gave birth to twins! Sometimes as a new mom you have to eat whatever is handy - I remember after Mikayla was born I basically lived off toasted english muffins for weeks. And sometimes, when you're sleep deprived and stressed and feeling frumpy, a cookie just makes everything better. ;) These cookies were adapted from
this recipe from the Hershey website. I stayed close to the original recipe except I omitted the peanut butter chips (they were pricey, I couldn't justify paying almost $5 for a bag!) and added the equivalent amount of peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's. I thought they were pretty good, but I have come to the conclusion that I'm not a huge peanut butter cookie fan. They just never taste "peanut butter-y" enough to me, and the texture always seems a little off. Maybe I haven't found the right recipe though? But, lots of my friends and family members love peanut butter cookies, so I'll keep baking them! :)
DOUBLE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpat liners or parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl beat butter, sugar and peanut butter until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Drop by rounded teaspoons on baking sheets and bake for 10-14 minutes or light golden brown around the edges. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
1 comment:
MrsEditorJax here, and I think I love you a little. These look sooo good. I love peanut butter cookies, and I just so happen to have a brand new Costco-sized bag of chocolate chips. Hee.
Post a Comment