Friday, October 12, 2007

Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Cake

Boy, I've been on a roll with all the pumpkin recipes lately! This is a pumpkin version of a chocolate cheesecake swirl cake I made earlier. I gotta say this turned out pretty amazing. It's super moist - it tastes like a combo between a pumpkin bread, a pumpkin pie, and a pumpkin cheesecake all in one. :)

PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE SWIRL CAKE
INGREDIENTS:
1 (18.25 oz) package Spice cake mix
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine cake mix, pumpkin, applesauce, water, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and eggs. Blend with a handheld mixer until combined. Spoon into prepared baking pan.
3. In a medium bowl combine softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir until smooth and well combined. Drop by heaping tablespoons across top of cake batter. Use a knife to swirl cream cheese mixture into cake batter. Bake cake for 40-45 minutes until set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

6 comments:

test it comm said...

The pumpkin cheesecake cake sounds really good. I am just getting into pumpkin. In fact I have some pumpkin puree in the fridge right now.

Gingham Skies said...

Mmmm delish! You say you're not a foodie in your intro but your creations look devine! I cannot wait to try out some of your recipes. I'm adding you to my favs!

Tara said...

keep these incredible ideas coming!! this looks wonderful and very well may be in my immediate future. :)

IdahoGirl said...

Deb...you are my cooking goddess...I love your recipes!

Unknown said...

It is so tuff being the taste tester for all these incredible confections.

Carrie said...

Looks good, my hubby would LOVE this!