Sunday, January 27, 2008

Oatmeal Scotchies

Ah, my poor little blog, how I have neglected you. It's been a long time since I've posted anything, but I blame it on morning sickness! Yes, for those who haven't heard we're expecting our first baby in June. It's been a bit rough going at times and I just haven't been up for cooking much lately. So I'm starting off slow, with a batch of oatmeal butterscotch cookies from Nestle.com. These are a fun change from the everyday chocolate chip.

OATMEAL SCOTCHIES

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups rolled oats
1 (11 oz) package butterscotch morsels


DIRECTIONS:


1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a large mixing bowl beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Slowly add flour mixture, beating well until combined. Stir in oatmeal and butterscotch morsels.

3. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.

10 comments:

Tara said...

this recipe is one of the best and a standard for me at Christmas. glad to have to back and posting and i hope you're feeling better these days!!

test it comm said...

Those cookies look good! I like the sound of the butterscotch chips.

Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Congrats, congrats! I think these will be the next cookies I make. I love butterscotch.

Elizabeth said...

I'm so happy to see another post from you! Those sound like excellent cookies.

Beth G. @SweetLifeKitchen said...

Congratulations mom-to-be!! These look so yummy, I hope the wooziness passes soon :O)

Jaime said...

i have missed your posts! but congrats on the little one... looking forward to more updates in the near future. these cookies look great!

Carrie said...

Congrats, the cookies look great!

MrsSchoon said...

These look fabulous!

Emily said...

Ohh, congrats!!!
Yes, I hope you feel better.
This is a good recipe to get back in the swing of things.

I recently became an aunt, and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

SAM said...

Yay! Welcome back! I keep checking for new recipes, and was excited to see an update today. I hope the M/S has passed, and that you are enjoying PG!