Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I made these cookies for a holiday cookie swap. I've made pumpkin bread with chocolate chips before and I liked the flavor combo (it sounds odd, but it's actually pretty good) so I thought it'd make a good cookie. This is a soft, cake-like cookie that mixes sweet pumpkin, spices, and chocolate. I think it would also be good to add nuts to the mix to contrast to the softness of the cookie.
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla and mix well. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gradually add to pumpkin mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

3. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to stand on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

No comments: