
INGREDIENTS:
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
2 cups sour cream
1 cup melted butter
5 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
Chocolate frosting of your choice
Coconut Pecan topping
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans.
2. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in sour cream, melted butter, eggs (you may want to temper the eggs and butter together to prevent scrambling) and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Blend in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool, then remove from pans. Frost one layer with a thin layer chocolate frosting and a layer of coconut pecan topping. Stack top cake layer on top and frost entire cake with chocolate frosting and top with remaining coconut pecan topping. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.

5 comments:
The cake looks great!
It looks like it was purchased at a fancy bakery. I bet it was heaven to eat.
It was pretty tasty! And I don't even like coconut. ;)
Absolutely the best German Chocolate cake I have ever had. I get one every year for my birthday.
My recipe is very similar to yours, if not exact! Great minds think alike huh? :)
Post a Comment