Monday, April 23, 2007

Mini Dipped Apple Bites

This was something I made for a party appetizer, inspired by those delicious looking dipped apples you see at Rocky Mounty Chocolate Factory and such. They were pretty simple to make and everyone really liked them. I imagine it would be a fun project to do with kids too.


MINI DIPPED APPLE BITES


INGREDIENTS:

4 large Granny Smith apples
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 bag caramel candies, melted
Assorted items for dipping - melted milk chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, nuts, sprinkles, cookie bits, etc.


DIRECTIONS:

1. Chop Granny Smith apples into bite-sized pieces. Toss with lemon juice until thoroughly coated. Skewer with toothpicks and dip bottom portion in melted caramel. Chill in the fridge on parchment paper lined cookie sheets until caramel hardens, about 30 minutes.

2. Once chilled, drizzle apple bites with any combination of melted chocolates and/or peanut butter and dip in nuts, sprinkles and cookie bits as desired. Chill again in the fridge on parchment paper lined cookie sheets until toppings are firm, about 30 minutes, and store in the fridge until ready to serve.

6 comments:

kt said...

I can see myself eating 40 of these bad boys after a night of drunken foolery (or just tv watching, for that matter. I suck at portion control!) Your culinary ventures continue to inspire me.

Cara said...

mmm I know those apples you are talking about, they are amazing! What a great idea to do it at home :)

Unknown said...

This was such a hit. A great idea baby. I could not stop eating them.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

This is an awesome(and I'm sure addicting) idea!

Melba Toast said...

We have to make this for Halloween!

Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to come back here and leave a comment about these! I've made them multiple times now for various occasions and different mixes of people and the reaction is always the same... "these are awesome!" :) Thanks so much for sharing this idea!