Wednesday, March 19, 2008

White Chocolate Pretzel Bark

Damn you Paula Deen! How dare you show a fragile pregnant woman a vat of salty/sweet white chocolate bark, hence triggering a craving that forces her to the grocery store to buy the ingredients to make your recipe! This is a recipe adapted from Paula Deen's Pretzel Peanut Bark. I adjusted the ingredients slightly and added M&M candies. It's a nice combination of salty, sweet, smooth and crunchy.


WHITE CHOCOLATE PRETZEL BARK

INGREDIENTS:
2 (11 oz) bags white chocolate chips
4 cups pretzel sticks, broken but not crushed
2 cups salted peanuts
2 (3.14 oz) bags plain milk chocolate M&Ms


DIRECTIONS:

1. Using a double boiler, melt white chocolate chips until smooth, stirring often.

2. In a large mixing bowl combine melted white chocolate, pretzel sticks, peanuts and M&Ms. Stir until well coated. Pour out onto a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread evenly across pan. Allow to cool completely before breaking into bite sized chunks.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I saw her make this the other day and thought how wonderfully simple and delicious it sounded. Hope it satisfied some of those cravings for you!

~Amber~ said...

Mmmmmmmm This stuff is like pure crack! It is good with some rice Krispies in it too.

test it comm said...

Salty peanuts and pretzels in sweet white chocolate sounds so good.

Hungry Janey said...

This sounds great! I am definitely saving this one. And I didn't know you were expecting: Congrats! When I was pregnant, I had a serious addiction to chocolate-covered pretzels around the fifth month - I couldn't stop! :)

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Paula makes the best and easiest stuff, and it's all so good! Yum! Congrats on the pregnancy!

Jaime said...

i love sweet and salty combinations! :)