So I'm kind of into little kitchen gadgets. I don't know why, but cute little kitchen tools that really only do one thing make me happy. I've had this little cookie dough scoop for awhile but it was really small, like barely a teaspoon size, so I mainly used it for truffles and tiny cookies. I'd been trying to find a bigger size forever but could never find one. For Christmas Jeremy found me a bigger sized cookie dough scoop and gave it to me as a stocking stuffer. I finally got to use it for this recipe and I LOVE it, man does it make things easier and faster, plus all the cookies are the same size so they cook evenly. I'd seen this recipe floating around different blogs and wanted to try it - the original source is from this recipe on Allrecipes.com. I made it exactly as-is, except I added a chocolate drizzle on top. Also, I doubled the batch from the original recipe and was glad I did, I doubt I would have had more than a dozen if I made the original quantity. These were really, really good - nice and chewy, sweet but not too sweet, and the coconut flavor was yummy - not to mention the smell of baking coconut was divine!
CHEWY CHOCOLATE DRIZZLED COCONUT COOKIES
INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 2/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
Semisweet chocolate chips, melted, for drizzling
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat liners.
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar, beating until smooth. Mix in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in flour mixture until combined. Stir in coconut. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets a few inches apart. Bake until lightly toasted on the bottom/edges, about 8 minutes. Cool on sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

2 comments:
These look wonderful! I have made these MANY time without the chocolate drizzle I bet that would make them even more great!
These look so yummy! Thanks for the recipe...I may make them next week!
Post a Comment