My dad is a real meat and potatoes kind of guy. Nothing makes him happier than stick-to-your-ribs stuff like pot roast and mac & cheese. To him, gravy is a condiment to be used liberally! And as far as desserts go, there's nothing more classic than pie, right? This is a very easy, quick version of banana cream pie I made for dessert when we had dinner recently with my parents. Since my dad is a diabetic and has a few other health issues I used mostly sugarfree/low cal products, but feel free to use the sugary/full fat products if you prefer. ;)
BANANA CREAM PIE

INGREDIENTS:
3 medium bananas, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 (9 inch) premade graham cracker crust
1 (.9oz) box instant sugarfree/fatfree banana pudding mix
1 (.9oz) box instant sugarfree/fatfree vanilla pudding mix
3 cups skim milk
1/2 cup Cool Whip Light, for filling
2 cups Cool Whip Light, for topping
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a small bowl combine bananas and lemon juice and toss to coat. Spoon evenly into graham cracker crust.2. In a medium bowl combine banana pudding mix and vanilla pudding mix. Gradually add skim milk, whisking briskly until thoroughly combined. Fold in 1/2 cup of Cool Whip Light. Spoon into pie over banana layer until graham cracker crust is filled (you may not use all of the pie filling). Chill in fridge at 4 hours or overnight. Top pie with remaining 2 cups of Cool Whip before serving.

8 comments:
I LOVE IT!!!!!! B-A-N-A-N-A-S! :)
Oh, I love me some nanner cream pie!
Wow, that just looks like a little slice of heaven! Yum!
This used to be one of my favorite dessert as a child. Looks delicious!
So, Deb, do you have any desire to visit San Diego? I'll let you stay on my sofabed for free if you make me lots of pies.
It was so very yummy baby!
DEARLORD- that looks fantastic!! I looove banana cream pie! Do you mind if I add a link to your blog on my blog?
THANKS!
wow! great photography! Nice pie too.
;)
blessings, Marye
http://apronstringsandsimmeringthings.com
Post a Comment