Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

So there's this chain of grocery stores called Trader Joe's. People who shop there are generally really, really fantatical about how much they love the place. There's actually a Trader Joe's about 2 minutes from my house, but ironically I hardly ever shop there. It's growing on me though, and one thing I've found is they make the best peanut butter cups I've ever had. They also make them in a mini version and I thought it'd be fun to make a cookie using the mini peanut butter cups instead of chocolate chips. I ended up giving a tin of these as part of a birthday gift for my brother-in-law, who loves peanut butter almost as much as my hubby does. :)

MINI PEANUT BUTTER CUP COOKIES



INGREDIENTS:
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups mini peanut butter cups (recommended - Trader Joe's brand)



DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.

2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

3. In a large mixing bowl beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with a handheld mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well incorporated. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Carefully stir in mini peanut butter cups. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.

4. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until just golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

11 comments:

Kayte said...

what a great idea! i'll have to pick some of these up at TJ's the next time i'm there. my little brother loves peanut butter and chocolate and he's moving to Japan in a month. maybe i'll make him some before he goes!

~Jeri Darling~ said...

luv...twue luv

Carrie said...

These look great, oh wait when doesn't your food look WONDERFUL?!

~Amber~ said...

Yum yum yum, these sound super good. Now if only there was a TJ's close to me. :(

Julia & Tyler said...

I looooooooove peanut butter cups, especially in miniature :)

Anonymous said...

excellent looking cookies! mini PB cups--who knew! i wish there was a trader joe's in sydney...my parents live outside seattle, and i love to visit TJ with my mum when i visit.

Anonymous said...

We live an hour away from the nearest Trader Joe's, and make pilgrimages to stock up. I have actually bought the mini peanut butter cups and made cookies out of them, although I used my "regular" chocolate chip cookies recipe and found it was too sweet with the milk chocolate in the mini pb cups. I bought them again to make the cookies using less sugar, and my stash was discovered by children and eaten as candy before I got the chance....

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness, I'm going to have to make a trip to Trader Joe's just to get those for my husband! YUM!

Jessica said...

I KNOW my husband would love these. I might make these tonight!

Renea said...

All I can say is MMMMMMM!

noisy penguin said...

I'm so making these next time I make cookies. Mmm.