Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Krispy Chocolate Caramel Bars

Ahh, who doesn't love Rice Krispy treats? These are basically chocolate Rice Krispy treats on steroids - a chocolatey cereal layer topped with marshmallows, almonds, caramel and more chocolate! :)

KRISPY CHOCOLATE CARAMEL BARS

INGREDIENTS:

3 tablespoons margarine
40 large marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
8 cups cocoa rice cereal
3 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup sliced almonds

Caramel ice cream topping, for drizzling
Milk chocolate chips, melted, for drizzling

DIRECTIONS:

1. Spray two 12x8 disposible aluminum trays with nonstick cooking spray. In a large stockpot, melt margarine and 40 large marshmallows over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Add vanilla extract and 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips - stir until chocolate is melted. Add cocoa rice cereal and stir until thoroughly coated. Divide mixture in half and spoon into prepared trays. Press evenly into pan (you may find it easier to use your hands - spray your fingertips with nonstick spray to prevent sticking).

2. Sprinkle mini marshmallows and sliced almonds evenly over cereal layers. Drizzle lightly with caramel topping, then drizzle with melted milk chocolate. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.

9 comments:

~Jeri Darling~ said...

huminah huminah huminah.....(*thats my version of SCHWING!*)

Elizabeth said...

Holy crap, Deb! Those look amazing!

Elly said...

*drooooooooool*

I have a special place in my heart for Cocoa Krispies. It's been WAY too long since I have had them.

~Amber~ said...

Why must you tempt with me delicious looking pictures and recipes all the time?!?! These look wonderful!!!

Renea said...

Your pics always look so good! Those look great!

Jessica said...

Yum! You have the best baked goods!

Ally said...

Oh My, I am drooling!

Melba Toast said...

I'm making these tonight for the GG challenge!!

Unknown said...

I took a tray of these to work and they did not last all that long. I am waitng to have them again.