Friday, July 20, 2007

Curried Chicken Salad Sandwiches

I made these sandwiches for a Southern style tea party I had with friends. The ingredients might sound like an odd combo, but the savory chicken and tangy curry contrast really well with the sweetness of the fruit. The flavors only get better when they've had a chance to sit together, so I'd recommend chilling it overnight before assembling the sandwiches and serving. My husband already requested I make this again sometime! :)

CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups chicken breast, cooked and diced
1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
1 cup red grapes, halved
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup slivered almonds

Bread - sliced thin with crusts removed

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, salt and pepper. Fold in chicken, apple, grapes, raisins and almonds. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Spread between slices of bread and cut diagonally into triangles.

4 comments:

~Jeri Darling~ said...

im sooo sad i didnt have the chance to try those on saturday..i was so stuffed before you got there that i couldnt. poooooooo!* i didnt get any trifle either!!

Elizabeth said...

They were SO yummy! You missed out, Jeri. I love the mix of the curry and the grapes. Fantastic!

Unknown said...

This might possibly be the best chicken salad sandwich ever! I can't wait to have it again!

Court Cooks said...

i LOVE curry chicken salad. i will have to try this one!