Blondies are kind of like brownies, only not chocolate. So I guess they're really not like brownies at all. Hmm... well, if nothing else I found that they're a great way to clean up your pantry. This recipe was adapted from BakingBlonde's basic blondie recipe - a very simple recipe (and I loved that it uses melted butter so you can make it right away and don't have to wait for the butter to soften like most recipes). I added a little baking powder to give it some lift, and stirred in basically just leftovers from my baking pantry - roughly a quarter cup each of semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, toffee chips, walnuts and pecans. You can add any combo of your favorite baking goodies. I just slightly underbaked them for a soft gooey middle - fabulous served slightly warm with a glass of cold milk! :)
HODGE PODGE BLONDIES
INGREDIENTS:
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspooon salt
Additional mix-ins of your choice (chocolate chips, candies, nuts, etc.)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8x8 baking pan.
2. In a large bowl combine melted butter and brown sugar, beat until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined. Fold in any additional mix-ins and pour into baking pan - spread evenly.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes until set in the middle. Allow to cool before cutting into squares.
8 comments:
looks yummy Deborah!
I love this recipe. I have yet to try it with mix-ins I will have to try that next time!
looooks so good!
p.s. - i was tagged in the silly tagging-game that's been going around, so now I've tagged you cause i can't find where you've participated yet! Check out my blog for the rules and then let us know some random things about you too. :-)
They look great!!
I finally got around to making these the other night. I added in white chocolate chips and toffee chips. They were wonderful.
I made these tonight! They turned out great. Thanks for the recipe!
YUM! You've officially inspired me to try making blondies sometime.
I made these a few months ago as well with tons of toffee bits! Yum! Thanks for your great blog!
I made some more blondies tonight after seeing your delicious pics!
Post a Comment